Implementing MIT's new Conflict of Interest in Research policy in Coeus
We hope you were able to attend one of the two Coeus User Groups where we reviewed policy, system and process changes affecting all administrators and PIs during the proposal process and the integration with the new COI module.
Brief review of MIT’s new COI Policy
• New disclosure requirement and definitions
• New Roles and Responsibilities
Changes to the Proposal Preparation and Approval Process
• New process for Aggregators: notifications and certifications
• Online PI certification and disclosure
• Elimination of Yes/No questions
• Changes to the Approval Process
New COI Module
• System overview
• Timeline and process for new Annual/Master disclosure
All departmental administrators who prepare proposals were asked to attend one of the two sessions.
This material has been covered in the NIH Workshops, with additional information specifically for NIH Administrators tied to the new COI regulations. Those who attended the NIH Workshops were invited to attend a User Group session for a review.
Quick reminder for those who haven’t already done so, please sign up for the Coeus User Group mailing list online here: http://osp.mit.edu/coeus/help-and-training/user-group/mailing-list.
As always, if you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.