The NSF recently released their updated guidance for proposal preparation for 2017, and so OSP is pleased to announce that a revised NSF Proposal Preparation Checklist is now available on the OSP website. The new guide, and associated checklist, will be applicable to proposals submitted to deadlines on or after Monday January 30th.
Top Changes with NSF 17-1
- Three new proposal types will be available to select on the NSF cover sheet:
- The requirement to list “postdoctoral scholars sponsored” has been removed from the list of affiliations required to be listed in the “Collaborators & Other Affiliations” information.
- The documents previously known as the “Grants Proposal Guide” (GPG) and “Award Administration Guide” (AAG) have been consolidated into a single document, now known as the “Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide” (PAPPG), and all references to the GPG and AAG will be updated in NSF’s documentation.
For a more complete walk through of the changes, you can read the full summary of significant changes, or register for the NSF webinar on Thursday, January 19th (slides already available online). Most NSF publications will have new versions take effect as of January 30th to reflect the renaming of the PAPPG. Please be sure to update your bookmarks:
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), NSF 17-1
- NSF Grants.gov Application Guide – January 2017
- Grant General Conditions effective January 30, 2017
As always, if you have any questions about NSF or any other sponsor’s policy, please feel free to contact the OSP Contract Administrator for your Department, Lab, or Center (DLC).