Domestic and foreign travel should be shown separately.
- List the name, destination, and purpose of the trip. Include transportation costs (e.g., coach airfare), registration fees, accommodation fees, and other related expenses
- Base the estimate on actual projected costs for the likely destination
- Generally budget for coach airfare, however some non-federal sponsors may approve business class international airfares
- Check applicable federal regulations regarding the use of U.S. carriers for all domestic and international travel on all federal proposals
- Budget all travel estimates in compliance with the MIT Travel Policy.
Sample Budget Justification
Funds are requested for the PI and Senior Research Associate to attend the International Neuroscience Symposium in Geneva, Switzerland. Both researchers are expected to present papers on the project at this meeting as the announced theme of the meeting is the particular focus of our research group.
Funds are also requested for a PI and a GRA to travel to Ann Arbor, Michigan, to meet with collaborators twice a year during the period of the project. These meetings involve sharing the accomplishments of the past months, discussing future goals and objectives, and assigning specific research experiments for the next period.