- Contract proposals are submitted in accordance with opportunity announcements.
- Grant proposals are submitted in accordance with individual broad agency announcements.
ONR Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) N00014-17-S-B001 for Navy and Marine Corps Science & Technology is the open announcement for submitting proposals to ONR.
Proposal Preparation Checklist ONR FY2017 Open BAA: N00014‐17‐S‐B001, Amd 3 [PDF] (updated April 2017)
- All other ONR Announcements (BAA’s) must be read thoroughly to ensure proposal submission requirements are met.
- Please refer to the individual broad agency announcement for proposal submission guidelines. Each announcement contains specific proposal requirements.
How to find specific RFP/PA/BAA information.
Links to ONR’s Contracts and Grants Information Page
Grant Terms and Conditions – Note MIT is an Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) subject to theResearch Terms and Conditions TC School. ONR Grants to MIT our issued under these terms. Please refer to the link below at the NSF web site. Specifically refer to DoD/ONR July 2008. This link will provide you with information regarding the ONR Research Terms and Conditions for your Grant.
Also note the Prior Approval Matrix at the NSF site which explains what transactions require Agency prior approval or have been waived.
Format in which proposals can be submitted
A specific format is required by ONR. It is important to provide all required information as outlined on the checklist and as requested in the specific BAA.
Proposals for where the anticipated award vehicle is a Grant must be submitted via Grants.Gov either by the Kuali Coeus Proposal System to System interface with Grants.Gov or directly into Grants.Gov
For electronic submissions in Grants.Gov:
All appropriate fields are to be filled out in accordance with BAA Instructions.
- Links to Training for systems
- Normally the Sponsor will contact the OSP Liaison regarding any issues with validations, or any other proposal questions regarding the SOW or budget. Historically ONR Proposals do not fail validations as ONR does not have stringent validation requirements like other federal agencies (i.e. NIH)
What are the Deadline Cycles?
ONR Long Range Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Navy and Marine Corps Science & Technology (BAA) N00014-17-S-B001 Amendment 0003 is the open announcement for submitting proposals to ONR. Full Proposals for this BAA will be accepted until 30 September 2017.
For other Announcements ONR typically accepts proposals by 4 PM on the due date as stated in the announcement. PLEASE READ THE ANNOUCEMENT CAREFULLY TO CONFIRM YOUR PROPOSAL DEADLINE.
The ONR MURI Program and DURIP Program:
These are special programs that typically see a number of submissions by MIT faculty. Please refer to the ONR Program Announcements to check for updates, deadlines and ensure proper proposal submission.