The DLC is responsible for requesting that OSP issue a subaward agreement to the subrecipient. This is done in SAP by issuing a requisition to OSP.
Information required for SAP Requisition form:
- Requisition Created for – Signature and telephone extension of a person authorized to sign request/commitment for the cost object to be charged.
- Goods Recipient – Name of the person in the DLC to whom reports/delivery is to be made.
- Vendor Name/Address – Name of the subawardee with complete address, telephone number, e-mail address (if available) and person to contact. Subawardee should have been confirmed at the proposal stage. Contact The OSP Subawards Team with questions about certifying new subawardees.
- Delivery Text – Should include:
- Period of Performance for the current allocation – Begin and end dates – be sure the period of performance is within the currently approved prime award.
- Period of Performance for the total anticipated amount of the subaward.
- Principal Investigator – name of the MIT PI
- Special Instructions – Please provide the MIT subs team with any special deliverables or other instructions that we should be aware of in issuing the subaward agreement.
- Delivery Date – Month, day and year the request is completed.
- Material Group – Enter one of the following:
- 1057 Subrecipient Awards – No Acctble Equip
- 1058 Subrecipient Awards – Acctble Equip
- Cost Object – Active cost object (account) to be charged.
- Expense G/L Account – Use these two expense general ledger (G/L) accounts to tell us how much we should obligate for the current period of the project:
For example, if the total subaward for $300,000 over a three year period, at $100,000 per year, the first year of funding should be allocated as follows:GL 420600 – $25,000 and GL 420620 – $75,000When it comes time to allocate years two and three, all funds should be allocated to GL 420620.Documents to attach to SAP Requisition form (as needed):
- 420600 Subawards Agreement: F & A on first $25,000
- 420620 Subawards Agreement: No F & A
- Statement of Work – Adequate descriptive information explaining the services required along with any deliverable items or reports.
- Estimated Costs – Copy of the subawardee’s cost proposal including the current obligated amount and the anticipated amount of the subaward. You will need to provide a detailed cost reasonableness form (link to form) signed by the Principal Investigator if the Subaward is being funded from a federal contract. Contact the OSP Subawards Team if you have questions.
- Proposal Review – Provide a memo that evaluates the subawardee’s cost proposal from a technical point of view.
- Approved Protocols – Any approved protocols relating to the project.
See the Sample Requisition Form