Welcome! OSP is committed to providing high quality research administration support to the MIT community.
OSP Newsletter for August 2018
FY19 Provisional F&A / EB / VA Rate Agreement
MIT has received provisional approval from the Institute’s cognizant Federal agency (ONR) for FY19 Provisional Rates. See the Rates pages for more info.
Update to the OST system July 16th
This update will include new features like:
- Ability to start a new request and save it so that you can reopen and complete it at a later time
- Enhanced ability to view and delete attachments in saved requests.
- Ability to download the screen data into an excel spreadsheet
- Ability to change your ticket Priority at any time during the ticket life cycle
- Additional advanced search fields
- New Status definitions that are more descriptive of the state of the ticket
See more detailed information about the update.
- New Proposal Preparation Checklist for ONR FY2018 Open BAA: N00014‐18‐S‐B001
- Guidelines for Charging Faculty Summer Salary
- AY18-19 Stipend Levels and Health Insurance Rates
Important Memo from Michelle Christy
Join the MIT Research Administration Listserv
All administrative, financial and central office staff involved in the administration of sponsored projects at MIT should be subscribed to the RA Listserv*. Subscribers receive official messages and announcements from OSP with important information about
- Funding opportunities
- Updates to F&A, EB and VA rates
- Changes to policies and procedures affecting research
- Kuali Coeus updates and maintenance announcements
Kuali Coeus Maintenance
Kuali Coeus will periodically undergo routine maintenance. This routine maintenance will take less than 1 hour, and will occur during non business hours (sometime between 10pm and 6am, EST). If there are any outages during normal business hours or that will take more than 1 hour, advance notification will be posted on this website and MIT’s IS&T Services down website (http://3down.mit.edu/3down), and an email will be sent to the Community via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
March 8, 2018
The Executive Level II salary increased to $189,600 effective January 7, 2018.
January 22, 2018
Listed below are links to agencies affected by the January 19, 2018 government shutdown.
- January 10, 2018
November 30, 2017
The Kuali Coeus system will be undergoing an upgrade this weekend beginning Friday evening, 12/1/17, at 10pm. We expect the system will be back online early Saturday morning, 12/2/17, at 2am.
November 1, 2017
At the recent Collaborating for MIT’s Future poster session, OSP presented concepts for a proposed
September 15, 2017
The NSF may be caught up in their move to Alexandria, VA this month, but here at MIT, we’re keeping an eye on the deadlines for the core NSF programs, most of which repeat annually in September through November.
June 27, 2017
MIT has recently signed an agreement with the Office of Naval Research (ONR) for fixed F&A rates for FY18. As of today, Kuali Coeus (KC) has been updated with these new rates (effective July 1st, 2017).
May 15, 2017
The update below was sent to all MIT PIs who have current or pending NSF awards and proposals with OSP. However, eligible Assistant Professors who have never applied to the NSF before may also be interested in the CAREER program, and would not have received it.
May 9, 2017
Are you or others in your department or program travelling soon? With the upcoming busy summer travel season, we would like to bring to your attention several travel resources on the International Coordinating Committee (ICC) website that may be helpful.