The NSF recently released their updated guidance for proposal preparation for 2018, and so OSP is pleased to announce that a revised NSF Proposal Preparation Checklist is now available on the OSP website. The new guide, and associated checklist, will be applicable to proposals submitted to deadlines on or after Monday January 29th.
Top Changes with NSF 18-1
- Budget Justification has been revised to increase the number of page allowed to no more than five pages per proposal. These changes applies to both proposers and subawardees.
- Project Description must now contain a separate header “Intellectual Merit”..
- Results from Prior NSF Support now applies to any awards PI or Co-PI has had with an end date in the past five years, including no-cost extensions..
For a more complete walk through of the changes, you can read the full summary of significant changes, or watch the 2018 PAPPG Update Webinar on the NSF’s webpage. The Grants.gov Application guide has also been updated effective January 29th to reflect the updates to the PAPPG. Please be sure to update your bookmarks:
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), NSF 18-1
- NSF Grants.gov Application Guide – January 2018
- Standard Research Terms and Conditions (RTCs) & NSF Agency Specific Requirements
As always, if you have any questions about NSF or any other sponsor’s policy, please feel free to contact the OSP Contract Administrator for your Department, Lab, or Center (DLC).