Objective: This section outlines the key components and procedures for preparing and submitting proposals to external sponsors at MIT.
What you need to know:
- Roles and Responsibilities – the parties involved in the process and their defined responsibilities
- MIT Facts and Subrecipient Profile Information
- Proposal Preparation Basics – the fundamentals of the proposal development process, including resources for writing proposals and a proposal checklist
- Budget Development – budget categories, sample budgets, and budget justification
- MIT Approval and Submission Process – fundamentals of the Institute’s approval and submission process
- General Guidelines for DLC Administrators in Preparing Proposals. For Sponsor specific information and checklists, please go to the Sponsor Information page.
This tool has been developed to help determine when a proposal is due to OSP.
|Proposal Due Date:|
|Date Due to OSP:|
- MIT Policies and Procedures: “14.0 Research Policies and Public and Private Support”
- VPR Policy on Late Submission of Proposals
- Link to Sponsored Programs Reference Manual, see section “Sponsored Programs Basics”