The MIT Learning Center is the gateway to MIT training and professional development. Register for any or all of these sessions by going to Atlas Self-Service and following the instructions below.
These courses are in the catalog under Administration > Sponsored Projects & Practices. You may also search by keyword.
To access the learning center follow these instructions:
- Firefox is the preferred browser.
- Go to the Atlas Self-Service site
- You will be asked to login via Touchstone with your MIT certificate
- Click the MIT Learning Center link on the left side of the screen.
- Your MIT certificate will be verified again
- Click on the "Course Catalog" tab
- Click on the "Sponsored Projects and Practices" section
Kuali Coeus Training is available.
Research Administration Hub
The Research Administration Hub offers sessions on topics of interest to the research administration community.
OSP Fundamentals Training
Fundamentals: Intro to Unallowable Costs
This introductory-level class looks at cost allowability from both a conceptual and practical perspective, concentrating on the allowability of charges to sponsored accounts. Experts from OSP as well as VPF will discuss how to determine whether a cost is unallowable to a sponsored account and the difference between allowable and reimbursable costs.
- Appreciate the relationship between Uniform Guidance and allowability of costs
- Distinguish between unallowable and reimbursable costs
- Discuss costs in gray areas, where it is not always clear if costs are allowable
Fundamentals: Post-Award Administration
Those who complete this course can expect to learn common issues in award management and reporting. This course is designed for those who play a role in sponsored projects administration and may also prove useful to those who are interested in playing those roles in the future.
- Identify differences between major types of federal and nonfederal awards
- Recognize how to manage potentially sensitive charges as they apply to sponsored projects
- Identify common types of reporting.
Fundamentals: Sponsored Project Closeout
This short course describes the fundamental issues in sponsored project closeout, from project end to final reports.
- Identify the required procedures at the end of a sponsored project.
- Recognize the roles played by the Office of Sponsored Projects, the Office of the Vice President for Finance and the Department, Lab or Center during the closeout process.
- Identify resources available to research administrators in Departments Labs and Centers that relate to closeout.