What are the values that we live and work by?
- Motivation To Excel: Pioneers in Research Administration
- Integrity: Firm adherence to a code of the highest moral values
- Team Collaboration: Problem solving together
- Ownership: Individual commitment to acting effectively, taking the initiative to develop resourceful solutions
- Sharing Knowledge: Exchanging ideas and experiences
- Positive Customer Experience: Ensuring customer expectations are met
Why do we exist?
- To assist the MIT research community in securing sponsored research funding that is consistent with the mission and goals of the Institute
- To provide information and assistance in managing sponsored research funding
- To provide the proper stewardship of research funds that satisfies both the sponsor and the Institute
- To advocate for MIT research to outside entities
- To make the administration of research funds as easy and efficient as possible.
What is our collective dream about how we can fulfill this purpose?
- To be the world-class center of excellence for research support services
- To become the preferred academic partner for research world-wide
- To become known for ease-of-use and service to our community
- To run a vibrant office where people enjoy working and have the opportunity to learn and develop skills
- To be a community of highly engaged professionals who are excited about the impact our work is having on the present and future
- To provide confident, well-informed, and adaptive management and leadership for the office
How will we make this dream a reality?
- Build the expertise of OSP work force through hiring and training
- Create an organizational structure that fits our near-term strategy
- Upgrade and standardize the tools we use to deliver service efficiently
- Improve communication between OSP operations and the research community