The federal government provides tens of billions in federal research funding through twenty-six separate funding agencies. Each sponsor has their own guidelines so it is best to check the sponsor’s website for solicitation guidelines and forms.
OSP has created guidelines and checklists on some of MIT’s major sponsors. A guideline for proposals for industrial sponsors is also included. Click on the link below to see information pertaining to appropriate sponsor.
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR)
- Army Research Laboratory (ARL) and Army Research Office (ARO)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Industrial Proposals
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
As of September 2011, ARRA funded awards are implementing accelerated spending. See the guidance about deadlines and conditions for no-cost extensions.